At Dods, what we do best is produce cutting-edge content and partner with the best thought-leaders - to bring to you insights, the latest policy information, best practice and an opportunity to exchange exciting ideas with peers. As, for now, you cannot join us at our live events, we will bring them to you, in the safety of your homes and offices. The Cyber Security Summit goes online!
Join cyber security and ICT professionals from across central government, local government, law enforcement and wider public sector, to tackle key issues at the heart of UK public sector.
The cyber threat is greater than ever, affecting more and more organisations. Recognising the severity of the UK position Ciaran Martin, first CEO, NCSC has said “..It is a matter of when, not if” the UK is hit by a Category-1 attack. Discover the latest developments, strategies and technologies available to successfully defend you organisation online.
This event is free-to-attend for the public sector.
- Amie Alekna, Senior Security Advisor and Head of Security and Privacy, Ministry of Justice
- Commander Karen Baxter, NPCC Coordinator for Economic Crime, City of London Police
- Professor Liz Bacon, Deputy Principal & Deputy Vice Chancellor, Abertay University
- Amo Kalar, Head of Strategic Influence (Cyber), Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Lord Arbuthnot of Edrom, Chairman of the Information Security Advisory Council
- Shelton Newsham, Manager, Yorkshire and Humber Regional Cyber Crime Unit
- Carl Miller, Research Director Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, Demos
- Mahbubul Islam, Director, The Security Institute
- Rebecca Chapman, Director, North East Business Resilience Centre
- Prof. Awais Rashid, Professor of Cyber Security, University of Bristol
- Dan Patefield, Head of Programme, Cyber and National Security, techUK
- Mike Hulett, Head of Technology & Capabilities, NCA
- Dr. David Gioe, Director of Studies, Cambridge Security Initiative
- Sam Trendall, Editor, PublicTechnology.net
Key topics include:
- Applying cyber security beyond IT: Agriculture, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Finance
- Understanding & mitigating the latest cyber threats to the public sector
- Addressing the latest government strategies to counter cyber threats
- Boosting & diversifying the UK cyber security workforce
- Scaling-up public sector efforts to attract new talent
- Successfully tackling cybercrime & online fraud
- Boosting cyber expertise in law enforcement
- Securing the UK's National Infrastructure
- Mitigating human error in cyber security
- How to become a cyber security leader
Who should attend?
Audit Managers - Data Guardians - Digital and Innovation Leads - Directors of Information Security - Directors of Risk and Audit - Directors of Security - Directors of IT - Directors of Transformation - Head of Business Crime - Heads of Corporate Security - Heads of Cyber Security - Heads of IT - Heads of Security Solutions - Information Security Managers - Security Advisors - Security Architects - Security Engineers
- Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.